Wednesday, April 13, 2011

For the first time in weeks I can honestly claim that I have moved forward on my motion capture final project. I've figured out how to progress on this part of the timeline and I can say modestly that it looks pretty good. I have to thank my actors for doing a great job. If you don't know I am recreating an imfamously bad fight scene from the original Star Trek show in motion capture. Here's the clip I'm working from.




I met with the DP of the live action film I'm working on. Everything about this show is really intense, especially the people. I had some questions about some of the shots and my friend Alec started acting out all these battle scenes. I took down some notes and will meet him with revised storyboards Friday.



At seminar today we had USC alum and animation producer Barry Weiss. He's worked on such films as Starship Troopers, Stuart Little, the Spiderman movies and recently Yogi Bear. It was interesting to hear from the managerial side of animation. He had some good stories about being the intermediate between the studio heads and the animators.

No comments: