Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today I traveled all the way to Santa Monica to meet with David Rosenbaum, head of story at Illumination Entertainment. This was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I was required to meet with a person in the industry for my Business of Animation class. I spoke with some people via email about going to Illumination and found out last night that I was able to go. At the studio they are still doing some work on Hop which came out last Friday. They are planning out theme park rides and other stuff to capitalize on Hop's financial success. This was mostly marketing though. Production was working on the Lorax which is coming out on March 12th of next year. Danny Devito is playing the Lorax. The director of Dispicable Me and the French animation company that made it will work on this film and the Dispicable Me sequel.

No comments: